In Pursuit of Life, Liberty and Laughter
Little boxes on an island, Little boxes made of ticky-tacky, There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same. And the people in the houses All go to the university, And they all get put in boxes, Little boxes, all the same. And there's doctors and there's lawyers and business executives, and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same.
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008

The Competitive Nature of Men

Written by Yane at 12:28 AM
The Competitive Nature of Men

I haven't been physically active for a year or so and i'm probably going to fail my fitness test this thursday. I went to the gym this evening as a last ditch effort to "get ready" or you might see it as measuring how badly i'll fail this Thursday.

Based on secondary school track record, i merely passed all my 2.4km run and this year round i have to complete that in under 17mins and 20secs.

Right next to me was this old man(40 years old?). Initially, it didn't bother me that this old man was staring at my board to see the speed i'm running at until i heard him pressing the speed up '"ti ti ti ti". Within the next few mins, i increased my speed gradually rushing against time to complete 2.4km. There comes the stare at my board probably to check the speed and the distance. "ti ti ti ti" coming from his treadmil. In my head i thought "so lets see who can last longer" so up went my speed. This man kept running and i kept panting so i slowed down :( After walking for a bit, i up my speed to run. Once again, he had to check my speed and distance out. GRRRR. He never stopped once. GRRRRRRR. He ran more distance than i did. GRRRR. I lost to an old man. GRRRRR.

My only consolation - i didn't do that bad :D he probably ran at the gym for a few weeks and i did it only once this year. Hehe.